Saturday, February 13, 2010

Race with an angel

I ran my first (ok, ran-walk) 5K on October 13, 2007. This was my first experience with the world of runners. By all accounts, I felt awkard, but I started the race with all 150 eager angels. I even finished (despite tripping on roots). This happy race was decorated with unsuspecting tree roots, uneven terrain and all of the things first time runners like myself, made me question why I was doing this. My time was nothing to brag about but I felt like a winner when I crossed the finish line.Today, I am in desparate need of refocusing, getting up to the starting line and making healthier choices to help me feel stronger and more energetic. So, my first post is a challenge to get back up. If at first you start and fall, get up and get going again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment